Our mood and performance throughout the day depends on how kind and vigorous morning will be.But there are things that are strictly forbidden to do in the mornings on an empty stomach, if you want to feel not only energetic, but also healthy .We will talk about them further.
9 Things to Avoid on an Empty Stomach
1. You can not drink coffee on an empty stomach
A cup of aromatic and invigorating coffee in the morning is an unbreakable ritual for many!
But if you drink coffee on an empty stomach, it can negatively affect the work of the stomach, provoke heartburn and gastritis!
And the blame for all the excess amount of gastric juice secreted in the process of drinking coffee. Hydrochloric acid irritates the gastric mucosa and disrupts the digestive system.
In case a cup of coffee is your breakfast, forget about the good mood and vigor throughout the day. The fact is that morning fasting coffee combined with the lack of breakfast is a direct path to serotonin deficiency, and it is this hormone that is responsible for a great mood!
What to do coffee lovers starting their day with a cup of coffee?
Tip: add cream or milk to the coffee (the fat contained in these products will help minimize the negative effect of fasting coffee).
And even better – start the morning with a glass of warm purified non-carbonated water to start the work of the whole body and speed up the metabolic processes!
2. Do not smoke on an empty stomach
Morning coffee with a cigarette on an empty stomach is another bad habit that needs to be eradicated!
Nicotine, like coffee, enhances the production of gastric juice, which, in the absence of products for digestion, begins to destroy the mucous membrane of the stomach and intestines. And this is fraught with a violation of the acid balance, the development of gastritis, gastric ulcer and 12 duodenal ulcer.
Smokers in one voice argue that smoking a cigarette in the morning gives vitality, helps them to collect their thoughts and calm down. In fact, a cigarette in the morning helps eliminate manifestations of nicotine withdrawal, while there is no talk of any benefit to smoking!
Tip: Say a solid “no” to smoking! If you are not ready to part with this habit, then start your morning with breakfast, and only then reach for the cigarettes that are slowly poisoning your life.
3. You can not drink alcohol on an empty stomach
Since we are talking about bad habits, we can not ignore the use of alcoholic beverages.
Alcohol, drunk on an empty stomach, is absorbed into the blood 2 times faster, which, at least, leads to rapid intoxication.
At the same time, the decay products of alcohol-containing beverages are removed for a very long time, which is not only fraught with a heavy hangover, but also adversely affects the functioning of the liver, kidneys and heart.
Tip! Do not drink alcohol on an empty stomach! Even a small butter sandwich will reduce the negative effects of alcohol on the body!
4. Do not take pills on an empty stomach
Remember one immutable rule! Any tablets should not be taken on an empty stomach, unless otherwise indicated by the instructions for the drug.
Anti-inflammatory drugs deserve special attention. Taking them on an empty stomach not only reduces their effectiveness, but can also provoke stomach bleeding!
Tip! Washing down the anti-inflammatory drugs with milk will reduce the negative effects that may occur while taking them.
5. Do not chew gum on an empty stomach
When you chew gum on an empty stomach, the gastric juice produced damages the gastric mucosa, which can eventually trigger the development of gastritis.
But even after eating you can chew gum for no more than 10 to 15 minutes. This will help prevent the formation of improper bite (this is especially important for children) and will eliminate the intake of substances harmful to the body contained in this product.
And another tip: choose chewing gum, which include natural sweeteners xylitol or sorbitol.
6. You can not go to bed on an empty stomach
Nutritionists unanimously say that it is undesirable to eat food after six in the evening. But what to do if you fall down, you lie down closer to midnight, and your stomach sends signals that it is empty?
Ignore such signals can not, because the feeling of hunger just will not let you relax and fall asleep. If you still fall asleep, the dream will be superficial, and the awakening will be early.
In addition, waking up hungry like a wolf, you eat a double portion for breakfast. And overeating threatens the emergence of extra pounds.
Tip! Dairy products containing magnesium and calcium will help to cope with the feeling of hunger and make sleep sound. But on the figure such a late dinner is unlikely to affect, unless, of course, drink milk with a sausage sandwich.
7. You can not play sports on an empty stomach
With intensive strength training on an empty stomach, you will undoubtedly lose muscle mass, but fat deposits will not disappear anywhere.
The opinion that such training effectively burns calories is also erroneous, because the hungry body does not have enough energy for this.
Tip! If you are planning intensive loads, be sure to eat about an hour before the start of the workout. If you are engaged with an empty stomach, then give preference to anaerobic exercise.
8. You can not buy food on an empty stomach
Bypass grocery stores if you are hungry. Otherwise, you risk to get a lot of not very necessary products, which in the end will have to be eaten, and this may not in the best way affect both your budget and the figure.
Tip! Visit the grocery supermarkets on a full stomach. And even better – make a list of necessary products and take with you the amount necessary to purchase goods from the list. This will reduce the temptation to treat yourself to something tasty, unplanned and not always useful.
9. Foods that can not be eaten on an empty stomach
The list of products that are best not to eat on an empty stomach, are:
- Citrus fruits, since their high acid content can provoke the development of gastritis and stomach ulcers over time. Those who start their day with a glass of citrus juice, nutritionists recommend diluting the juice with water in a 1: 1 ratio or drinking juice after a meal.
- Sandwiches with sausage, bacon or pate, the harm of which many times exceeds the benefit. Fans of such fatty and high-calorie breakfasts and snacks are advised to replace the listed products with cheese, and to make sandwiches using whole grain bread.
- Bananas, which contain fructose, when consumed on an empty stomach provoke a sharp increase in blood sugar. In addition, this fruit contains large quantities of magnesium, which, when taken on an empty stomach, can lead to disruption of calcium-magnesium balance in the body and problems with the cardiovascular system. Yield: combine bananas with dried fruits or apples.
- Raw vegetables (for example, cucumbers, cabbage, sweet peppers) can provoke irritation of the gastric mucosa, as they contain acids. And this can lead to gastritis and the formation of ulcers.
- Sweets on an empty stomach is not the best solution if you care about your health. The fact is that in the morning the pancreas is not able to produce the amount of insulin, which is necessary for the full breakdown of sugar, which leads to an increase in blood sugar.
- Garlic is another product that is contraindicated to use on an empty stomach, as it not only irritates the gastric mucosa, but can also provoke gastrospasm.
We hope that these simple rules will help you minimize the harm that we often do to ourselves, forgetting about proper nutrition and a healthy lifestyle. Adjust your daily habits – and the body will surely tell you “thank you” with your well-coordinated work!